I am posting this recipe for all those people who love chocolate and chocolate based recipes and want to include it in their daily diet.I have used white as well as milk chocolate for the chocolate part plus cocoa powder for a more substantial taste!This is one Kids’ Friendly Recipe which you can trust as every child will love these pancakes.The adults will love the nutty,fruity texture and the elderly will in turn love you for preparing this for them!
Here are some tips and options for the pancakes :
- You can use whole wheat flour instead of plain flour or a mix of both of them in the recipe.
- If you do not want to add the egg then replace it with a mashed ripe Banana.It will yield the same results as using an egg plus a lovely taste.
- If you are allergic to or do not like nuts then you can omit them completely.You can also leave out the dry fruits if you want.
- You can use cooking chocolate or the chocolate bars available.
- I have used a mix of milk and white chocolate in the Pancakes.They are kids’ friendly and mild though delicious.However you can make them for adults and as desserts using bitter dark chocolate if you like or for an adventurous kick for parties use a splash of liquor like Rum,Brandy or liquor chocolates!
- Serve the Pancakes with Rum Butter (1/2 cup salted butter melted and frozen again after adding 2 tbsp Rum.Brandy can also be added) for adults and with Caramel Sauce,Chocolate Syrup (for a really delicious Chocolate Heaven),stewed fresh fruit,fresh fruit purees,canned fruits in syrup,a swirl of sweetened whipped cream.honey or just a sprinkling of icing sugar/powdered sugar.
- Chocolate chips can be substituted for the roughly chopped chocolate.
- Best served with cold milk for kids.
This recipe was contributed for the 117th FoodieMonday Bloghop where the theme was Pancakes!
Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Makes : 4 Pancakes
1 cup plain flour (maida)
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup milk
3/4 cup white chocolate – chopped roughly
3/4 cup milk chocolate – chopped roughly
2 tbsp Golden Raisins – (optional)
2 tbsp chopped Almonds – (optional)
2 tbsp Oil for pan frying the Pancakes
Put a non stick pan on medium heat and add 1 tsp oil.Spread it over the cooking surface and let the pan heat up while you prepare the batter.
Sift flour,cocoa powder and baking powder in a bowl.Whisk well and make a well in the centre and break the egg into it.Whisk again and add 1/2 cup milk.Whisk till all the lumps dissolve and the batter is smooth.Add the rest of the milk and whisk again till the mixture forms a smooth and pouring batter.
Add the chopped Chocolate/chocolate chips,Raisins and Almonds and mix well.
Take a soup ladle and scoop up a ladleful of batter.Pour it on the hot pan and spread the Pancake well.Pour 1/2 tbsp Oil on and around the Pancake and let it cook.When the bottom is cooked and comes away easily,flip it over and cook the other side.
The mixture is ideal for 4 – 5 medium and 8 – 9 small Pancakes.
Place a Pancake on a plate and serve with any of the toppings mentioned in the “Tips and Options” section!
Served with Caramel Syrup…the Pancake with melted bits of white chocolate..yum!